Our Blog

[EXCLUSIVE] BRYMO VS CHOCOLATE CITY: My Own Side Of The Story -BRYMO (Full Interview + Audio) {via 234VIBES]

Brymo
This is my own side of the story as it becomes important to tell the press that I am actually having problem with chocolate city and it is a contractual problem if not personal problems.
By the time we recorded Oleku with Ice Prince, I have done a song with Jesse Jagz, by the time we did Oleku, I had to wait for almost a year before I was presented a contract. I was given a contract in 2011 which was supposed to elapse by 2016, a five years contract and I was supposed to give them three albums, everything I did before the contract came was for free because it was family, so I signed the contract without a lawyer believing in the family thing.
So I’m supposed to produce three albums and we’re meant to be working together for five years, it became difficult for me to fulfill my part of the contract as the company started paying more value to the Choc Boy brand, the choc boy brand is a free brand as far as I am concerned as an artiste, I don’t earn anything from it, I don’t have a contract that covers me as a choc boy, but I have a contract that says Brymo must give chocolate city three albums.
brymo_sonofakapenta
In the early party of 2012, they wanted to record a Choc Boy album while I was ready for my own album because I have three albums to go, I said I could not do the choc boy album because it will hinder my own recording.
April 2012 I released my song Good Morning, in my usual passion I downloaded the song when it was uploaded online, but to my surprise, the song was incomplete, someone has removed the first five seconds of the beginning of the song. Until this very moment, I do not have any explanation to exactly what happened, but someone compromised the release of that song that day and it happened in Chocolate City.
Few months after releasing Good Morning was the release of my album and they (Choc City) wanted me to actually release online so we can sell for two weeks before we actually release on the street, that was a beautiful offer, it’s like releasing an album in two different market, so I took it. But a few days later, about half of the songs of the album leaked, they told me the platform online was safe before I put my album on it, but when the song leaked, they said they didn’t know it was not safe, apparently something actually grabs songs from the application online.
Two months ago when I requested for an audit from chocolate city of all I have released, they agreed and the meeting was scheduled, but by the time the meeting was over, not one song was accounted for and that was when I said I was going to leave the record label and we agreed to part amicably. They offered me to part ways amicably without any hurt, but I waited, while I was waiting for us to implement parting amicably, the news got online that I have left chocolate city and then chocolate city went online to deny it, the news leaked and you still have a reason or the other to deny it after we have agreed to part ways amicably, that means you put the news online in the first place. Why did you leak the news? Why didn’t you just put up a press release and say Brymo and Chocolate city part ways and everything is fine and nobody would have asked us anything but then the news leaked and they denied it. Then I went on twitter to confirm that I have left.
The court cannot save me and I have been cheated.
Chocolate City And Brymo As A Family
Chocolate-City-Audu-Maikori-M.I-Paul-Okeugo-Ice-Prince-Yahaya-Maikori-Jesse-Jagz-Brymo
Anytime I need something, chocolate city brings out something, but anytime they need something they confined me, if I refuse, they complain that I am not being cooperative and not being a member of the family. Now what is the family? The idea was the family is the band of musicians headed by M.I. which is not meant to change but to continue that way.
I am a singer, I am working with three rappers, I sing and I continue to sing to maintain good standard, but the functions of the choc boy group is not working because we are supposed to be individual artiste and have an individual contract that we must fulfill.
The Issue of Not Performing in London
Brymo-2-500x423
A few months after I didn’t perform in London, I performed live in London; I flew from Lagos to London to perform with Ice Prince for free.
I refused to perform that night because when Ice Prince was called upon to come and perform , he got on stage  saying “Brymo, where is Brymo? where is Brymo?”.  I am an artiste as well and we are singing right here and people are at home watching music, they watch us by the way we present ourselves. If you are an artiste who always serves as a “boy boy” to another artiste, it is bad. If I am performing with any member of the band, it should be a song we did together.
 I performed on stage before Ice prince on that particular night. when I finished the performance, I went back to the dressing room and the crew came back for me asking me to go onstage with Iceprince but I said I was tired. While I was saying that I heard  Ice prince saying “where is Brymo? where is brymo?” on stage. I actually backed down the performance because I needed to save my own voice for the next performance.
If I have a contract that I need to see through as an individual artiste, I move to see that contract through as an individual artiste.
You might want to know that, once upon a time I couldn’t go out with ice prince because I wasn’t well dressed, so why is it important for me to perform with him when I became Brymo?
I was indeed going to last in chocolate city; earlier this year I said I was going to finish my contract but it boils down to the fact that I have a contract that was almost functioning only when the company wants it to function. The contract was only functional only when chocolate city wants it to function, as soon as I need something, it became an issue of contract. If I ask for something they pick up for contract and pick a paper to write it down; but when chocolate city needs something they will tell me, we are family and I should do this; so we are family.
I have a contract with the company to release my music so we can actually share profits, but I have a song being released and it was being edited and part of it was removed, but my company couldn’t provide an answer to what happened. When I called the IT guy to ask why the song was incomplete, chocolate city site crashed because of traffic (online).
When it was time for me to call it quit and I said this is my problem and I am calling it quit. I have e-mails sent to me saying let us settle amicably, so I am not making it up.
I have a manager who is a relative to the company, as soon as I said that I am having problems with the company, he withdrew his service. I have not had a manager for weeks.
Personally, I have been loyal to my contract, and if somebody decides that my career ends here because I spoke up then its all good, I didn’t make music to be the richest man in the world, I make music because I wanted to make music.
I dumped the contract because of its breach.
I have moved on already, I am not in quarrel with anybody, I am not in fight with anybody, I just definitely need to speak up so that people will hear my own side of the story.
I don’t have a management, I have decided to make music as an independent artiste from now on and whatever I have with anyone will be on the basis of buying and selling.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Random Post

@234VIBES ENTZ Designed by Templateism | MyBloggerLab Copyright © 2014

234VIBEZ ENTERTAINMENT. Theme images by richcano. Powered by Blogger.